> They will no help in release build, they not meant to. This why I
> say debug builds it help.  I am trying to find memory bugs in debug
> builds, since we know what values are for wrong pointers.   If find
> errors in debug builds, then you will no see crash in release
> builds.  They have uninit, dangling, and corruption checks.

What we are trying to tell you earlier in this thread is that the
original memory management system in Warzone was hiding bugs that we
have now unmasked, and are able to remove. It also allows us to
understand more clearly what is going on in the code, and debug it
using modern tools such as valgrind.

BTW, come to think of it, we can add a more thorough check for
dangling pointers in the CHECK_*() macros if we want to, by checking
if an object's pointer is in the object lists.

  - Per