Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 17:01:21 schrieb Roman:

> >> Slo file are identical, for now.
> >>
> >> Vlo files have 2 differences:
> >> On the first line:
> >>
> >> script "playerX.slo"
> >>
> >> X is AI slot (player) number, 0-based.
> >>
> >> And 4th line:
> >>
> >> player          INT     X
> >>
> >> where X is again the player number, identical to the first X at the
> >> first line.
> >
> > Did that for the autotools build. Raw Makefiles, XCode and MSVC need to
> > get their rules, too, if they want to autogenerate the files, too.
>
> It simplifies things when compiling wz, but it is still inconvenient when
> working with Aivolution, too many steps are necessary to convert
> player0.slo and player0.vlo into the input that autotools expects right
> now. Being able to just drag-and-drop player0.slo and player0.vlo without
> caring about anything else would have been easier. Can the automake file be
> adapted for this?
Too many steps?
All that is necessary is to have a playerX.vlo.in file, with
a "script 'playerX.slo'" and a "player INT X" line...

The only other thing which makes a little bit of sense (though doesn't look as
clean as template->8 files) is to take player0.vlo as the template and
generate the other 7 files from that.
In this case I would now really have to find out how to find out that sed
replaced exactly one line (so that modifications which break the regexp can
be caught).