On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:54 AM, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I see, we are going to use SQLite for stats now?

That was the idea.

>  When and where was that decided and by whom?

Apparently, another defective decision process. This is my fault. It
was "only" discussed by several parties on IRC. I agree it should have
been brought up on this list as well before going ahead with it.

>  What are the implications and benefits?

We need to make editing the stats easier, and the way to do that is to
put them back into a database. This way you can use a database editing
tool (several exist, ask Giel) to modify it, and eventually we will
want our own custom tool (the proposed "Warzone studio" application).

In any case, it is IMHO not harder to edit the SQL files by hand, than
the CSV files, since the SQL files have the fields explained in the
same file, which outweighs the stricter syntax.

I think we will want to keep only the SQL text files in the
repository, though. The database binary can either be created on the
fly on startup, or generated by an external tool ("Warzone studio" for
example). Version control of a frequently changed binary blob is a
nightmarish idea.

  -  Per