Hi,

> this could, in large part, be mitigated by taking any concept of
> texpage-tesselation out of the mod studio, and putting it straight
> into the engine, thus as we work on warzone studio, at the same
> time we work on a dynamic tesselator for the engine, which will
> take a lot of small texpages (of arbitrary size), and combine (and
> cache) them into composite though 1024x1024 (or larger) texpages.

I was speaking to Per about this one actually. He seemed quite
certain that the current way we do it is better than doing it at run
time. I believe we do it for runtime with map tile sets, and it does
seemed to have increase load time somewhat. I am not so sure about
the caching, however.

What does everyone else think? (Looks at Per.)

> at this time i would recommend either an extension to the pie
> format supporting multiple texture images per model, or the
> official switch to a new format. if this is decided upon, i will
> soon be able to promise a bit of my time to do a lot of the legwork
> for the mod side of things (converting existing models, breaking
> apart texpages, etc).

I think Per is currently working on something to do with the PIE
format, so I urge you to make a post about it directly.

Regards, Freddie.