                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

Step 1) rewrite code to handle orders for *all* units, not limit it to 6(!)
per call.

Step 2) fix the broken update calls.

Units now do as what they should be doing, and will NOT go off on their own
anymore.

We were only sending 6(!) droids per frame in the old code. I know the
original had it based on bandwidth, and they had either 4 or 6.
We must send orders to *all* units that we have per frame.
If we do not, they will do their own thing on different machines, and we
don't want that.

We currently have a cap set at 300 units. (it CAN be higher than that
though)
As you might be able to guess, max case scenario is we send all 300 at once.

300 * sizeof(DROID *) = 1200 bytes.
That is for 1 player.  If Host has a game with 6 AI and one other human, then
we get:
1200 * 7 = 8400 bytes (max).
That is just for droid orders updates.

Unsure how we want to handle the bandwidth requirements.

Right now, for each player the Host machine is in charge of, I update all the
orders per player.  Not sure if I should leave it at 300, or if we should
break it up more to 150 units per call or what?
What should be the max length of a packet that we can send before we crash &
burn?

For the updating function, that function never worked, it did *nothing*
really.  It was left over basically 'as is' from the original, and that was
another issue.

  <http://gna.org/patch/?996>