                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: per
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

I am going to add ECM piecemeal to make it easier to find bugs, and easier
for others to comment on the design as it develops.

This is the first piece: A definition of the parameters. See the
src/basedef.h part of the patch. I have planned that ECM as already defined
in the stats files and code
will fall under concealment, while ECM turrets adds jammer power.

Sensor power increases the ability to see hidden things and defeat
concealment; however, it also reduces your own concealment. I think there
should be a button toggle to use it
or not. More power should probably also increase range somehow, but I am not
entirely clear how to implement this yet.

Jammer power decreases the enemy's ability to detect other objects using
sensor power. However, the object using jammer power is itself much more
visible, since it is
broadcasting. It would work somewhat like the Arbiter in Starcraft, hiding
others while being itself visible. Like sensors, it should use line of sight,
and would be
highly advantageous to build on hilltops.

Add your comments.

File Attachments:

Date: Sunday 03/09/2008 at 19:02  Name: ecmA1.diff  Size: 11kB   By: per

  <http://gna.org/patch/?998>