Hi!

BASE_OBJECT, DROID and STRUCTURE have been ugly since a long time, we all know
that.
That system of "inheritance" is responsible for a lot of warnings and, due to
its heavy use, probably also for a lot of bad code (aka "wrong" assembly).
And of course it looks ugly... ;)

I propose we fix that by going a step towards proper inheritance, i.e.:
struct BASE_OBJECT {
        /* ... */
};
struct DROID {
        BASE_OBJECT baseObj; /* Variants: "base", "super", ... */
};

That would probably cut down the number of casts by 90%. ;)
(And thus fix a lot of type punning, which is dangerous. See eg.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2006-08/msg00236.html and the referenced
articles.)

--Dennis