Am Montag, 17. März 2008 20:12:50 schrieb Roman:
> On Monday, March 17, 2008, 8:04:26 PM, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Roman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>  NOTE: someone more familiar with gettext might want to add those and
> >> the ones from kf_ToggleRadarTerrain() to the .po files.
> >
> > Done.
> >
> > All you need to do is to add _() around a string, like this:
> >
> >           printf( "Untranslated string");
> >           printf(_("Translated string"));
> >
> > Gettext will then parse the files to extract the strings to translate
> > automatically.
>
> What do you mean with 'automatically', does gettext get launched
> during compilations or something? I was wondering how to generate
> the .po templates.
The .pot is generated by xgettext.
The .po files are initialy generated from it using msginit.
They are later updated from the .pot file using msgmerge.
The .mo files used on runtime are compiled by msgfmt.

All those tools are to be found in gettext. If you cannot compile it with
MSVC, I can do it for you.

Important files controlling this process are all in the po/ directory of the
sources:
Makevars
Makefile.in.in
POTFILES.in
LINGUAS

Makefile.raw is a simplified version of Makefile.in.in (thus may be more
usefull to get basic gettext support to MSVC).

--Dennis