Am Dienstag, 18. März 2008 13:47:23 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have recently created a Launchpad project for Warzone 2100 at
> https://launchpad.net/warzone2100.
> The Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project resides at
> https://launchpad.net/~warzone2100.
>
> Now I would like to ask you: Do we want to use it, or shall I request
> deletion?
>
> Reasons contra Launchpad:
> - Owned by Canonical, a company whose comercial intentions do not seem to
> be clear (i.e. "evilness")
> - Launchpad is not FOSS
> - Launchpad is driven by Canonical, not a community (what happens if the
> company goes down, or turns "evil"?)
> - Launchpad admins and mods are apparently Canonical employees only (I
> conclude this because I only got responses to bug reports and other
> request, which I filed on friday, on the next workday, after the weekend)
> - The UI has some issues or annoyances
>
> Reasons pro Launchpad:
> - They are said to have a nice translator community (Icculus did so on the
> MojoSetup mailinglist)
> - Translation UI is quite nice, too
> - The UI is nice and mostly intuitive (apart from the annoyances mentioned
> above)
> - It could handle versioning, bug tracking, etc too. But I currently don't
> intend to use that.
> - It seems to have some automatism to create Ubuntu packages via Personal
> Package Archives
Another interesting thing is that you can offer mentoring everywhere. For
example for the whole project (i.e. to aid new general contributors), or for
specific bugs (i.e. if you don't have the time to fix it yourself, but are
familiar with the affected subsystems).
Though I guess this could be a feature request to Gna. ;)