             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: svn/trunk
        Operating System: All
         Planned Release: None

Details:

This is something I've noticed while beta testing the campaign, If you set
units to the 'Return Fire' setting they only hold fire until they are
attacked, then set themselves to 'Fire-at-Will'.

Giving an attack command does not cause them to switch to 'Fire-at-Will' nor
does firing their weapon, however getting attacked causes the units to forget
their 'Return Fire' setting completely and instead use 'Fire-at-Will'

I think this may have been around for quite a while and just gone unnoticed
as there is not many situations you would need, or want to use 'Return Fire'
outside of the campaign.

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?11550>