On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why do we even need the videos under revision control?

People asked the same question about the data/ stuff. It quickly
became clear that not having data under version control invited to
total chaos. Just image when someone updates one or more videos
through better re-encoding, and we have multiple versions floating
around. Or someone adds more subtitles, or whatever. IMHO, we need
one, authoritative source for all our stuff, and I do not feel
confident in anything short of a version controlled repository. A
tarball on some FTP/HTTP server is just not the same.

  - Per