On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 08:55:18AM +0100, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM, bugs buggy <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Other things I have noticed,  is there any reason why we have both
>> bug trackers active?  I don't really bother to check GNA anymore,
>> since trac is far superior IMO.
>
> The problem is that some bugs are only in gna.org, and if we close the
> bug tracker, we cannot read them anymore. So unless someone volunteers
> to port the bugs in gna.org over (or fix them all...), we can't close
> it yet.

Can't we set Gna's trackers to read-only or disable the ability to
create new items? (The latter would be preferrable).

As for porting, Gna! provides the ability to export the entire content
of a tracker as an XML dump. I figure this could be imported into Trac
easily enough.

A problem, however, would be that Gna! (Savannah actually) uses a
different numbering scheme (i.e. site-wide and per tracker instead of
project-wide only). Thus we would need to find a way to address that.

One way to address that problem could be:
 1. Hope that we don't have any "colliding" bug & patch numbers on Gna!
 2. Import all Gna! bugs, with ticket IDs equal to Gna! bug numbers,
    giving them a ticket-type of "defect" in Trac
 3. Import all Gna! patch, with ticket IDs equal to Gna! patch numbers,
    giving them a ticket-type of "enhancement" in Trac
 4. Rewrite all bug & patch links in those tickets:
    s/(?:bug|patch)\s+(#\d+)/$1/g;
 5. Am I missing something?

>> Can we dump all the 3rd party files in a separate branch?  (Though, I
>> rather not have any 3rd party files in the svn to begin with, I still
>> think it should be placed on GNA.)
>
> Which 3rd party files? IIRC there is the NTW mod and the extra tiles.
> The extra tiles could go on gna.org, since they are never changed, and
> are never used directly (AFAIK).

I think it would be nice to host NTW, and any other third party mods, in
a separate repository from our own. That is, separate "base" content
from "extension/additional" content.

--
Giel