On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:27 AM, bugs buggy<buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In case you haven't noticed, in r7717 (trunk) r7718(2.2), I fixed the
> blasted seam issue.  While I am still unclear why it wasn't fixed like
> this before

Can you try to explain in words what stroke of genius it is that you
implemented?

We have tried a lot of approaches in the past, and whenever someone
said "I've fixed it!" someone else found a problem with it or the
seams were just harder to spot on some maps.

> What does everyone think of a simultaneous release of 2.2.1 and beta 2.3?

There are several more bugs in trunk that need to be fixed before we
can release even an alpha Some came in with the netplay branch merge,
some are older. Several are definitely blockers.

I would encourage everyone to start looking more closely at the bug
tracker, and fix bugs for a while. Then we can branch and start some
more systematic testing.

  - Per