On Saturday, 25 July 2009 at 23:11, bugs buggy wrote:
>  Revision: 7842
> http://warzone2100.svn.sourceforge.net/warzone2100/?rev=7842&view=rev
> Author: zarelsl
> Date: 2009-07-13 21:10:49 +0000 (Mon, 13 Jul 2009)
> "2.2: Fix possible buffer overflow in missionFlyTransportersIn and
> getLandingX/Y."
>
> How does this fix anything?
> These should be asserts (so we can find the real cause), and this code
> fragment in getLandingX() and getLandingY() is just wrong:
>       if ((unsigned int) iPlayer > 8)
>       {
>               iPlayer = 8;
>       }
>
> You can't make that assumption, and you are possibly introducing more
> bugs with that.

That was a reaction to gcc reporting a warning (that stops compilation with
-Werror) "array subscript is above array bounds" when optimizing. Actually
retrying now (with r7842 reverted) I get:
mission.c: In function ‘saveMissionData’:
mission.c:3291: error: array subscript is above array bounds
mission.c:3291: error: array subscript is above array bounds

So gcc tries to inline getLandingX in saveMissionData - if I use

static LANDING_ZONE             sLandingZone[MAX_NOGO_AREAS+1];

instead of

static LANDING_ZONE             sLandingZone[MAX_NOGO_AREAS];

the warning disappears. So somewhere we get a possible 9 for the player number
there...

>  Revision: 7887
> http://warzone2100.svn.sourceforge.net/warzone2100/?rev=7887&view=rev
> Author: zarelsl
> Date: 2009-07-19 22:26:54 +0000 (Sun, 19 Jul 2009)
> "2.2: Stop rotation when "Continue" is pressed after winning a
> multiplayer/skirmish game."
>
> IIRC, the whole reason behind this, was so you can't 'continue' the
> game as normal, ie, it is mainly to fire the fireworks, to show you,
> you won, or lost.  This could introduce more bugs, since your screwing
> with the original design, and you haven't modified any of the scripts
> for the win/loss stuff.
> Which means, that in the least, I would add a info("Game has ended"),
> or perhaps a addDumpInfo("Game has ended"), so we can weed out crash
> reports when people "continue" after a win/loss.

The dumpinfo sounds good, and a warning in the release notes perhaps.

>  Revision: 7891
> http://warzone2100.svn.sourceforge.net/warzone2100/?rev=7891&view=rev
> Author: zarelsl
> Date: 2009-07-22 22:12:41 +0000 (Wed, 22 Jul 2009)
> "Index terrain textures (~68 MB -> ~22 MB); idea suggested by i-NoD."
>
> ... I thought any big data changes should be brought to the attention
> of the ML for comments.  True, in this case, since most everyone is
> away, it wouldn't have made a difference, but it would have been nice.
>  I also don't think this was required per se, perhaps when we would
> have branched 2.3...

I haven't compared screenshots yet, but I think the new textures look
different.