On 9/13/09, Christian Ohm <chr.xx...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 September 2009 at 13:28, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
>  > IMHO, 3.0 should be the first release with new savegame and scripting
>  > formats, because this will be a tough break with the past. Whether the
>  > first release from trunk will have these two things is still an open
>  > question, I think.
>

> Personally I think it doesn't make much sense to target a specific version
>  number when you don't know how much steps are necessary to reach that
> version.
>  And I guess once trunk gets into a releasable state, it warrants the 3.0
>  version (but the KDE team used similar reasoning and got bitten...)
>
>  Anyway, regardless of the specifics for trunk, can we agree that 2.3 will
> _not_
>  be a trunk release, but the continuation of 2.2?

Looking at the roadmap, and everything else (trac...) it looks like
branch/2.2 will be re-branched to 2.3.

I still think that just the improved gfx alone in trunk is probably
the most major change that we have, that will have the biggest effect
on our userbase.

Current trunk could be 3.x, the next gen stuff 4.x.
New savegame format for 3.1, lua 3.2, ... and so on.