Zarel wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:29 PM, bugs buggy <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The CSV format is much more easier to troubleshoot (old code worked
>> fine before), and as a added plus, it appears we are getting more
>> editors made for modifying this stuff.   Hopefully, they will do a QT
>> port of it.  (Yes, I know we could export sql to csv...)
>
> Can we rename the files from .txt to .csv? That might make modding easier.
How should this make modding easier?

Joe Average doesn't know what CSV stands for and is able to deduce how the
entries are organised from simply looking at the file. And those people that
have already worked with the files know that as well. And isn't Windows picky
about the file extension? So people would have to figure out on their own that
Notepad can open this file, if its extension is csv.

Seems pretty unnecessary to me.

- Kreuvf