The main problem that we have is that the Mac build system is far more
complex than it needs to be, and is causing our Mac builder grief.

It is very hard to change (update) libs with the current Xcode project file.

The old maintainer who made the Xcode project file (Ari?) hasn't been
around for many moons.

Thus, I suggest we scrap the current Xcode project file, and simplfy it.

There really is no reason why the Xcode project file needs to download
all the external libs we need, and build everything that way.  All
that needs to be done is build our sources, and then we can link
externally like the way it is done on windows & linux builds.

This will allow us to make Mac builds much faster than the current
situation that we have now.

Evilguru, perhaps you can lend your expertise in the Mac area to help
us fix the issues we have with the build process for the macs?