On Feb 11, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Stephen Swaney wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 09:33:11PM -0500, buginator wrote:
>> Note that this new environment has the following up-front limitations:
>>
>>     * No integration with the trac hosted app
>>     * No stats tracking -- changes that occur while this is in test stage
>> may not ever get reflected in the site stats.
>>     * Links on the site won't reference the instance (though the
>> permissions in the project admin pages are still applied)
>>     * Hooks configured via the site admin interface will not be applied to
>> this test instance (you can manually configure them via the direct shell
>> access)
>>     * Developer access will be via svn+ssh:// protocol
>>     * Anonymous access will be via svn:// protocol
>>     * URLs and file paths will be different
>>     * Multiple repositories per project will be supported
>>     * Direct repository access will be provided via the shell service
>> (adminrepo will not be needed)
>>     * The web interface is WebSVN
>

> The lack of Trac integration would seem to be a stumbling block.
>
> The configurations issues are an annoyance - at least for the administrator.
> The rest is not a problem.

We do not actually use the hosted trac on SF.

I am more concerned about svn+ssh, looking at the svn manual they do not
recommend using it.
For full encryption they recommend svnserve with SASL encryption instead.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.choosing.html#svn.serverconfig.choosing.recommendations