On 7/14/10, Cyp <> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm planning on merging the newnet branch to trunk in a day or two,
>  unless there are objections.
>
>  This should fix all synch issues (such as units mysteriously
>  exploding, and units moving in different directions on different
>  clients, or players disagreeing on who won the game, or destroyed
>  buildings reappearing, and artillery fire not being visible for all
>  players, or the game pausing for some players but not others, and
>  <insert very long list of stuff here>).
>
>  The current diff is at: http://pastebin.ca/1900573

With local testing via LAN, with custom maps (since normal maps didn't
work), I still had sync issues with the game after a few mins.

Correct me if I am wrong, but once a desync happens, then there is no
way to fix this, and the game is over correct?

The other issue was, when moving units, the motion wasn't smooth, it
was stuttering.  Unsure what causes that.

Because of the lack of time for more testing, I request you put this
on hold until the weekend, if at all possible, so we can get more
testing done.