On 7/27/10, Per Inge Mathisen <> wrote:
> Let's keep our cool for a bit and see if more bloopers surface before
>  we rush to re-release anything.
>
>  Then we can push out 2.3.3 next weekend, hopefully this time with some
>  actual testing done. Although I cannot promise anything in that
>  department -- Starcraft 2 just came out.

Per, I expect a review :)

On 7/27/10, Guangcong Luo <> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Stephen Swaney <> wrote:
>  > Just one more example of why programmers are the worst people to test their
>  > own code.
>
 > Erm, well, that's true, but what's your point?

The point is, that we don't have actual testing being done, except by
the person that wrote the patch.

We don't have any reliable beta testers, or a way to test new patches
that will cover most all cases, as can be seen by the current issues
with 2.3.2, and the other 'hotfixes' we had in the past.

Having it in trunk first, slightly helps, but since that version has
become unstable for testing, we are more or less in a bind.

This is also why I have been wanting to have a prominent location next
to the green (:P) download button, for test builds--assuming we can
work something out with Fastdeath, and have nightly builds available
again.

Even if we do have nightly builds, the sad fact is, that most people
don't want to test builds, they rather just use a 'stable' build, so
it might just end up a wash either way.

What is the answer to this ?  Prevent any new features from going into
2.x, and just make it a bug fix only branch ?
I don't think that will work for us, but I am out of good ideas.