On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 04:20:26PM +0200, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Giel van Schijndel <m...@mortis.eu> wrote:
>> I would like to propse to add a linear algebra library as a dependency
>> to Warzone.  One library I have in mind (and have had good experience
>> with in the past) is Eigen [1].
>
> Eigen is really nice. However, it requires turning every piece of code
> it touches, and the matrix code touches quite a bit of code, into C++.

We'd only need to change the pieces of code that actually perform
computations with these vectors directly because both types (e.g.
Eigen's Vector3f and our Vector3f) have the same memory-layout.

> I also could not find any info on whether it would solve our
> determinism issues wrt various compilers doing floating point rounding
> slightly different. Not that it has to solve this, we can keep
> avoiding this problem by avoiding floating point in game logic code.

Eigen is template based, so we could implement fixed-point math in a
FixedPointInteger type of class then instantiate vectors/matrices from
that.

--
Giel