For the project, I have been using git to port over the terrain +
TCmask support over from trunk, as to a test case for windows users.
I already did a test case with hg when I did qt-trunk merge.

Hg is much more polished in the GUI department, you hardly ever need
to drop down to the shell to execute commands.
Git's GUI is ... well, passable for simple things, but anything more
complex, and you need to drop down to the shell and work there.

Both are better than svn in terms of work flow, but svn is pretty much
idiot proof from the GUI (tortoiseSVN).  Tortoisegit was crashing way
too much to be useable, and I noticed they mention that "Please avoid
use msysgit 1.7.2.3 with 1.5.3.0".  So I have only been using msysgit
which comes with gitgui & gitk front ends.

I did a test push to gitorious (origin/2.3-terrainTCmask) to see how
that ends up on the svn side, with just a simple .gitignore change,
and a few other minor changes to see what it does.

NOTE:This is only a temp branch, I want to see how this will work with
our svn repo before I do the other ~60 commits.

Having said that, gitorious was *VERY* slow (35-40K/sec) when I did
the initial clone, not sure how fast it will be when I upload the
textures.
I was first thinking we should create a temp branch (like I did), and
use that as a playground where we can all decide on what textures
(trunks or what we have sitting in trac or whatever combination of
each), and what pie models (original or the TCmask originals) we
should use.  Then we will create the real 3.0 branch--which will be
2.3's codebase + new terrain + tcmask.
But, this will inflate out repo a bit (or a lot, depending how we
handle the textures), so another option is to just make a clone on
gitorious (or maybe github if gitorious is too slow) on my own
personal repo, and, as long as everyone has a git client, we can work
on things there, then Cyp or whomever can pull that repo into the main
git repo, and hopefully, it will be OK in the svn repo. (Not one huge
commit like the other times).

So, for feedback, please answer these questions ASAP.

1)Should we just use the temp branch I already created on gitorious,
knowing what I said above about the issues involved or should I create
my own repo on gitorious(or github) and we can pull from that when the
time comes to make the final 3.0 branch ?

2) Which terrain textures should we use, or what combination of
textures should we use ?

3) Should we use the original models or the original models with
TCmask enabled ?