buginator wrote:
> What do you all think, should we break savegames for 3.x or not ?
>
> Issue here is: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2173
I glanced over this and do not see where/why to break savegame compatibility.

In general I am all for breaking savegame compatibility in non-gamma releases,
if necessary. Because otherwise we would have to postpone breaking savegame
compatibility and since we are all not perfect (unfortunately) we will always
find a new reason/bug to break savegame compatibility again even if we broke
compatibility recently to add/change all the stuff to fix the known bugs. Or in
short: Since we will always find new bugs which force us to break savegame
compatibility we should only try to have savegame compatibility in a branch
(2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x etc.).

Regards
- Kreuvf