On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Safety0ff <safety0ff....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS The new javascript scavenger script is attached as an example for
>> those too lazy to look in the qtscript branch.
>
> From the script:
> "And we can use the built-in Math library
>  switch (Math.random() * 10)"
>
> How does that work with Cyp's determinism work?
> Shouldn't it use our deterministic rng ?

Each script runs only on a single player and communicate only outputs
to other players, and therefore they do not need to be deterministic.

This removes the need to address so many potential issues that I do
not think this will or should ever change. (The Spring engine require
deterministic scripts, and they ran into some nasty issues with Lua
not being deterministic in all corner cases. I could not find a single
scripting system that could promise determinism, and I have no idea if
QtScript is deterministic.)

 - Per