On Wednesday, 19 October 2005 at  1:24, Qamly wrote:
> On 10/16/05, Rod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Christian Ohm wrote:

> > > But how do you get motivated contributors, if there is no organisation?
> > >
> > > For example, there was a Daniel Herring who sent two patches (or two
> > > variations of one), but noone has answered him. Do you think he will
> > > send more patches?
> > >

> > I sent him an answer.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I'm no more a "motivated contributor".
> > And I'm not the only one.
> >
> > Maybe a fork would save the project.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Rod.
>
> Hey Rod...and what was the answer?  Was his patch/info/advice right or wrong?

I'd like to know that as well.

I think visibility is an important thing in an open project. So an
answer only to the person is bad, because then others will think there
wasn't one, and even the other project members won't know it.

> Oh no.. he said the F word! ;)

Yeah, the F word... I have considered forking, but I don't think it will
work. Because there was nobody who said "If you fork, I'm with you."
And all it'll do is to divide resources further.

> Christian ,I don't know if you noticed or even read my last mailing
> but I am sure by the time you read this that you will know that I was
> AFK for awhile.  Which is why you will see a avalanche of traffic on
> the mailing list. :D  This is the main reason why I haven't responded
> to anyone.  I got tons of mail I have to reply to.  I guess we could

I know you were away. The problem is, your absence brought the project
down to a halt, and that shouldn't happen.

--
And now, the Bing Crosby show, brought to you by the makers of Ex-Lax.
... a brief pause, and then Bing!