About Us

SPARK Experience is a premier full-service design and UX firm based in
Bethesda, MD. We believe in a research-driven, multidisciplinary approach
to developing engaging and user-friendly websites, apps and digital games.
We love working with organizations that share our values and our mission to
make the world a better place. Our list of clients includes Fortune 500
companies, innovative startups, government agencies, and nonprofits.

SPARK Experience features a fast-paced, collaborative and friendly work
environment. We seek talented employees who are eager to learn new skills
and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. We support the growth of our team
members through ongoing professional development and mentorship.
We’re a small company that does big work — and we’re growing fast.  In
fact, our staff size has doubled each of the past two years.

SPARK Experience is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. SPARK
Experience is also committed to compliance with all fair employment
practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.

The Position

We’re looking for someone who can mix the left-brain and right-brain. Not
just a coding robot, but someone who can develop creative solutions to
problems they haven’t run into before. If you’ve recently heard, “Oh Wowww
— How did you do that?!”, apply now.

*Responsibilities include:*

   - Gathering, interpreting requirements from clients and designers and
   translating them into CMS based websites with pixel-perfect fidelity to
   Photoshop comps.
   - Testing, debugging and refining websites to produce final, fully QA’d
   product
   - Collaborating closely with UX researchers, content writers, and
   designers to support production of highly interactive, engaging, UX-focused
   websites.
   - Managing development workflow and communications with team and clients
   using cloud-based collaboration tools.
   - Providing development scoping support to fast-moving business
   development team

Experience + Qualifications

At least 5 years experience as a Front-End Web Developer. If you lack this,
you will have to WOW us with your innate understanding of the medium,
outstanding skills, and ability to grasp and execute the position’s
requirements. You will need to act as a one person team.

   - Expert in semantic HTML5, CSS3, XML, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript and jQuery
   - Can handle any compatibility issue a browser throws at them
   - Expertise in WordPress
   - Strong Adobe Photoshop skills
   - Understands the differences between responsive design/native
   app/mobile dedicated sites and the benefits and drawbacks of each.
   - Working knowledge of HTML emails and the coding requirements associated
   - Can utilize online resources to get over any development hurdles
   encountered
   - Experience with client interaction which requires good written and
   oral communication skills, knowing how to your pick battles, and most
   importantly, patience.
   - Experience working in a deadline-driven, technical and design-focused
   environment
   - Understands progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
   - Section 508 Web compliance knowledge
   - A team player that can lend ideas to a project and raise development
   red flags
   - Can work within budgetary constraints and knows how to simplify when
   necessary
   - Ability to compare a PSD to a coded page and pick out the differences
   is key.
   - All things being equal, we want a candidate who demonstrates a
   proactive attitude, take-charge personality and “can-do” demeanor.

Education

Bachelor’s Degree or higher is expected in a related field such as Computer
Science, Engineering or Information Systems, but not required if work
experience and coding samples are of the highest quality.
Bonus Points

   - Although it’s not a necessity, if you have experience finding your way
   around server side technologies, that’s great.
   -
   - -Can you make “an app for that?”
   - -Have also worked with other CMS’s like Drupal and Joomla.
   - -Actively participate in the open source community and attending local
   WordPress events
   -

Perks

We’re a bit different from most companies… here are a few things that set
us apart:

   - We love what we do, and occasionally find ourselves working late
   nights and weekends on projects. But we also need a break, just like
   everyone else. So, we have an unlimited vacation policy. Yep, unlimited
   vacation.
   -
   - We value people’s differences, as it leads to better end product. This
   idea applies throughout the organization. If you want to show up in jeans,
   or a suit — you’ll fit right in. Have an idea to improve something that
   someone else is working on in the office? Even if it’s your boss? Your
   opinions are always welcome here.
   -
   - Want to learn more about eye-tracking, or other research
   methodologies?  Want to expand your area of expertise by learning a new
   development language? Attend a conference, take a class,
   or watch some online training videos — it’s on us. Our professional
   development benefits let you grow in the areas that interest you most.
   -

*What does all of this mean for you? *

   - Benefits including Health Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
   Insurance, option to participate in retirement plan
   - Opportunities for advancement
   - Job security & stability
   - Professional development
   - Flexible hours
   - Project variety
   - Commuting Benefits
   - Competitive salary

To apply, please send cover letter, resume and samples to Eve
Copeland-Bentovim at j...@sparkexperience.com.

---
"Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" group.
to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.