Submitting does not guarantee a spot.

They will probably get about 500-600 talk submissions. When the CFP is
finished they will narrow down the list of speakers, build a schedule, then
notify everyone that has been selected and also send out the rejection
letter.

I have a far bigger collection of rejection letters than I do acceptance
letters. Don't let it discourage you. I went to 7 conferences last year and
next week I am going to Serbia to speak at a conference all because I kept
submitting (http://www.conf2017.phpsrbija.rs/schedule).

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 9:24:28 AM UTC-4, Michael Alaimo wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have just received an email from PHP[Architect] calling for speakers.
>
> I have registered to give my Input Validation presentation which will
> be similar to the presentation that I have given for the DC PHP meetup
> during August 2016.
>
> I have already submitted my proposal. Does anyone know what will
> happen next?  Am I now a guaranteed speaker?
>
> A copy of the slides that I have used for the DC PHP meetup are
> located here: http://blog.quantum-foam.org/content/dc-php-meetup-8102016
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Michael Alaimo

---
"Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" group.
to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.