there used to be a library called behaviour which, as you say, puts
the events elsewhere in the 'page' wether thats in css, or some kind
of script.

The application I work on is all done using script and very difficult
to figure out. I havent come up with any easy way of figuring out what
events are useful on an object, except that I have a good
understanding of the javascript and friendly developers.

If any one has any tips on how to figure this stuff out, Im sure there
would be lots of interested people

Paul