I've done something similar in the past and this is how it was setup

- 1 machine acts as the DRB server and has all of the test code
- the other machines only had Ruby/Watir installed and a mapped drive
to the test code
- the server issues a command like... system("start ruby.exe z:/
test.rb") to the individual clients

To keep it simple, I had the client start a new process every time it
gets something new from the server and
there was no communication from the client back to the server.