Hi all, I'm trying to grab and print the text 'db_ABC' from the browser page. On the page, the text is "Connected to: Current Database (db_ABC)". The html code is:
<div id="db_top" style="float: right; text-align: right; padding- right: 10px;"> <span id="db_data"> Connected to: <b>Current Database</b> (db_ABC) <br/> <i>Created:</i> Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:37:31 GMT </span> When I try: @ie.div(:id, db_top).span(:id, db_data).flash I get the error: undefined local variable or method `db_top' for #<Object:0x27bf9ec> (NameError) Turns out I cannot find the element 'db_ABC' via the IE Developer toolbar for some reason. So instead when I try: @dbname = @ie.div(:id, db_top).span(:text, /idb_/).to_s puts "currently connected to database " [EMAIL PROTECTED] I still get the same NameError. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Watir General" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] Before posting, please read the following guidelines: http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
