Hello All,

I have tried using assertion in my code. Basically, I want to know if
we could handle assertion failure effectively. Currently it gives an
error and exits. Can I get redirect the failure and error
notifications, towards the end of my output, to a log file, so that my
console looks neat and clean.

Also this is the first time I am using assertion alongwith exception
handling. So is there a better way to write it.

Following is the output that I got:

C:\natasha\RubyScripts\FinalAutomatedTests>Stickerbook_bebo.rb --
www.moo.com test test

Loaded suite C:/natasha/RubyScripts/FinalAutomatedTests/
Stickerbook_bebo
Started
 Using website : www.moo.com and user : test and password : test
Test 1 : To test order placement for Bebo Stickerbooks
Going to the MOO site: www.moo.com

Product::AccessProductFromHomePage => liProdStickerbookss does not
exist on http://www.moo.com/.
<false> is not true.

Finished in 1.703 seconds.

  1) Failure:
test_a_orderPlacement(BeboStickerbook)
    [./Product.rb:14:in `AccessProductFromHomePage'
     C:/natasha/RubyScripts/FinalAutomatedTests/Stickerbook_bebo.rb:
42:in `test_
a_orderPlacement']:
liProdStickerbookss does not exist on http://www.moo.com/.
<false> is not true.

  2) Error:
test_an_edit(BeboStickerbook):
TypeError: can't convert Range into Integer
    C:/natasha/RubyScripts/FinalAutomatedTests/Stickerbook_bebo.rb:
108:in `[]'
    C:/natasha/RubyScripts/FinalAutomatedTests/Stickerbook_bebo.rb:
108:in `test_
an_edit'

  3) Error:
test_an_reorder(BeboStickerbook):
TypeError: can't convert Range into Integer
    C:/natasha/RubyScripts/FinalAutomatedTests/Stickerbook_bebo.rb:
168:in `[]'
    C:/natasha/RubyScripts/FinalAutomatedTests/Stickerbook_bebo.rb:
168:in `test_
an_reorder'

C:\natasha\RubyScripts\FinalAutomatedTests>

Following is a piece of code that I have written, using assertion:
require 'watir'   # the controller
require 'test/unit'

module Product

def AccessProductFromHomePage(product)

        product_link_id =
{"minicard"=>"liProdMinicards","businesscard"=>"liProdBusinesscards","holidaycard"=>"liProdGreetingcards","postcard"=>"liProdPostcards","stickerbook"=>"liProdSticker
bookss","accessories"=>"liProdAccesories","all"=>"liProdSeeAll"}

        linkid = product_link_id[product]

        # assert
        begin
                assert($ie.li(:id,linkid).link(:index,2).exists?,"#{linkid}
does not
exist on " + $ie.url)
                puts 'Product:: AccessProductFromHomePage - Assertion passed'

        rescue StandardError => ex
                print "\n\nProduct::AccessProductFromHomePage => " + ex + "\n\n"
                raise

        ensure
                $ie.close
        end

        # execute

        $ie.li(:id,linkid).link(:index,2).click
        puts "Product:: AccessProductFromHomePage - link for #{product} click
on Home Page \n"
        sleep 10
end

end # end of module