Lisa,
I have not needed to run tests on Firefox but any day now I will so I am
trying to see how I can make Firefox execution transparent to my tests.
Watirloo is a pilot project look for me to make tests run on any browser and
have a unified interface and then some extra helpers like radio_group and
checkbox_group
I am just trying to get to a different level of ignorance with this
framework as a Watir Helper

marekj | Semantic Page Objects Automation

Watirloo - Browser Page Helper Framework
http://www.bitbucket.org/marekj/watirloo/

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Lisa Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Thanks, I'll look at your examples. Ideally we would like to be able to run
> the same suites on IE and Firefox. This looks like a lot of helpful info, I
> sure appreciate it.
> -- Lisa
>

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:16 AM, marekj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Lisa,
>> I've encountered a smiliar problem. The issue is that IE has a class
>> method .attach but not an instance method (not needed in my opinion)
>> However FireWatir::Firefox.attach is only an instance method so you can
>> only attach to the browser if you have an existing reference.
>> If you are using IE then the solution is to keep using Watir::IE.attach
>> how, what for your needs (notice this may not run if you don't have admin
>> rigths).
>> Ultimately the goal is to make Browser class be the template that has
>> methods that specific browsers implement so if you do Browser.attach and
>> your browsder is IE it will delegate to IE.attach and if you have firefox it
>> will do Firefox.attach (which does not exist yet)
>> I'm learning this thing a bit and I made some ducktape experiments here
>> with tests
>> (older example)
>> http://gist.github.com/26693
>>
>> and here (newer example) on watirloo codebase
>> http://www.bitbucket.org/marekj/watirloo/src/tip/lib/firewatir_ducktape.rb
>>
>> I am now using Firefox.new :attach => true
>> option call to just attach to the previously started FF with jssh option
>> in it.
>> This is a hack and has to be understood before using it.
>>
>> currently all watirloo tests will run on IE and Firefox (though some will
>> fail on FF - i need to fix them)
>> all the tests rely on class method attach for Firefox and for IE
>> This file will run all test for firefox with precondition that you have
>> started ff with jssh already and you have it open on the desktop
>> http://www.bitbucket.org/marekj/watirloo/src/tip/test/test_all_ff.rb
>>
>> hope this helps a bit.
>>

>> marekj | Semantic Page Objects Automation
>>
>> Watir Framework
>> http://www.bitbucket.org/marekj/watirloo/
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Lisa Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Another question - on the development site you say:
>>> Watir 1.6.2 does not support Browser.attach. This will be supported in a
>>> future version.
>>> We use Browser.attach when we run our tests in a suite.
>>>
>>> What are we supposed to do instead, since Browser.attach isn't supported
>>> in 1.6.2? Or does this mean we can't use 1.6.2 at all? It seems weird that
>>> you couldn't run suites, there must be a way to do it that I just don't know
>>> about.
>>> Thanks,