Hello all,
I have been trying to write script to handle download file popups, but
have not had any success. I have followed the solution in the link :
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/File+Downloads
But IE 7 does not show the pop up at all. Instead the Information Bar
is shown saying IE has blocked this site from downloading files to
this computer.
POpup blocker is turned off and also the site has been added to the
list of trusted sites.
The code :
----------------------
require 'watir'
require 'win32ole'
ie = Watir::IE.new
ie.goto("http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167";)
ie.link(:text, "ruby186-27_rc2.exe").click_no_wait
sleep 30
  #the following code lines have been borrowed from the Watir site
    ai = WIN32OLE.new("AutoItX3.Control")
    ai.WinWait("File Download", "", 5)
    ai.ControlFocus("File Download", "", "&Save")
    sleep 1
    ai.ControlClick("File Download", "", "&Save", "left")
    ai.WinWait("Save As", "", 5)
    sleep 1
    ai.ControlSend("Save As", "", "Edit1","C:\\")
    ai.ControlClick("Save As", "", "&Save", "left")
    ai.WinWait("Download complete", "", 5)
    ai.ControlClick("Download complete", "", "Close")