HI marekj,
Thanks for the pointers. I think in a way I was using two command
prompts.
One to set the browser, and then I ran the script fromt SciTE (by
pressing F5). So I guess that's why it was not working.

When I used just one command prompt (to set browser and run the
script, everything is OK), the script works fine with both IE and FF.
Thank you everyone for the all the replies.

Margam