Hi!

I've used David Brown's Xls class, available on the Watir Wiki here:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Excel+interface+class

To see how I've implemented the Xls class, an example of my test
harness is also available on the Watir Wiki here:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Excel+Data+Driven+Harness+with+Database+Verifications

You can also find tips for working with Excel (and lots of other great
stuff) here:
http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/search/label/excel

I hope this helps!

-Tiffany