Thanks,

Very helpful.

DD

________________________________

From: watir-general@googlegroups.com
[mailto:watir-gene...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Andy Sipe
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:07 PM
To: watir-general@googlegroups.com
Subject: [wtr-general] Re: How can I use a variable in the following
$ie.div(:text,/variable_name/)

You can also use interpolation to do it shorter:

myvar = ....
puts $ie.div(:text, /#{myvar}/)

In either case, any regex reserved character will either have to be
stripped or escaped to avoid out right errors like with the ( or weird
matches.

Some of those characters are:    ( ) [ ] * . - ^ $

There are more and depending on where they occur in your search string
they may cause more or less or no damage.

-andy

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Moochie <dduph...@redbrickhealth.com>