watir will wait until the browser reports that it has finished, so if
its still rendering, or waiting on content from code written by the
javascript, it will still wait. Other things like, iframes and ajax
may also affect this.

It may appear to us that the page has finished, but the browser is
still doing stuff.

Several times there has been talk of adding a timeout on the wait
code, but I dont know if anything has ever been done with it

Paul