> Oh, yes, I'm aware of irb.  I use it in combination with SciTE.  In
> fact, I used it to go through the six frames as you suggested below,
> but they all returned 'false':
>
>   ie.frame(:name,"ctl140_ctl00_ctl03_ctl01").text.include? 'FIND THIS
> TEXT'
>
> and 5 other searches by frame returned 'false'.

I think I'm missing something.  Is there public access to the site that you
are testing so that I could look at the page that you are testing?

When I am testing an application in my browser, I can generally figure out
where the frame borders are and which frame is which.

When you are looking at the page in question in your browser, I assume that
you can see 'FIND THIS TEXT' on the screen.  Is there any way to ask your
developers which frame that text is in?

When writing a test, I generally want to make sure that the text I am
searching for is in a more specific place than a frame if possible.  Is your
text within some element on the frame (table, text field, select list,
button, etc.)?

database 3807 (20090128) __________

http://www.eset.com