I have to agree.  I have really enjoyed learning Watir and find it
very easy and intuitive to use, but in tasked with scripting a page
that contains Drag and Drop it has been a challenge to say the
least.   I have tried many examples from the group and the code
provided on the Wiki but it is like Bill said, almost a different
language.  I understand that scripting purely mouse driven events is
going to be difficult, but it just seems that there are so many smart
people in this group that the solutions would be better defined...