Jim,

You might want to take a look at the WatirCraft framework. It supports
rspec and libraries, and it has a script/console that is like the
watir-console (which i also created) but is even better. It will include
you libraries without you having to muck with your .irbrc.

The biggest problem with it right now is that there is no documentation.
But if you will take a look at it, I am happy to answer questions (to
you or any one else), and your questions will help motivate me to write
more documentation.

So far, here is what there is:

http://github.com/bret/watircraft/tree/master (look at the bottom)
http://bpettichord.backpackit.com/pub/1648993

Questions, please, here or on irc. But i will be mostly away from my
computer the next two days. Sorry.

Bret