I haven encountered the same issue...When using the select method a
pop-up box occurs, but when I added the no_wait routine the code just
ends up in the wait for pop-up routine and no pop-up appears....From
what I can, the code gets into the no_wait method fine, but it never
reaches the select method of the select list...A few interesting
tidbits:  I noticed some chatter about a patch for
eval_in_spawned_process for a click_no_wait issue as well as a radio
button no wait issue, so I did implement that with high hopes it might
fix my issue, but alas, no luck...What is interesting is that this
same code has worked on IE6...It sets the select list and handles the
pop-up correctly...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

-Jackie