Brian's book is really good. Some other resources:

# no list is complete without
why's Poignant guide to Ruby: http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

# his interactive ruby in your browser lessons:
http://tryruby.hobix.com/

The Ruby Way by Hal Fulton
The Ruby Programming Language (Oreilly) by David Flanagan and Matz himself

Collection of Ruby related blogs/feed: http://www.rubycorner.com

I also second the idea of reading code and unit tests, there are so many
open source ruby projects available on github.

Charley Baker
blog: http://blog.charleybaker.org/
Lead Developer, Watir, http://wtr.rubyforge.org
QA Architect, Gap Inc Direct