I love Brian Marick's book because it really cuts through all the
"programmery" stuff that's interesting to development types but makes
testers eyes glaze over, and talks about the core, basic stuff Watir
developers need to know.  I am a QA Engineer who had some Python
experience when I picked up Brian's book, and it was just the ticket.
I also have the Pickaxe book, but use it mostly as a reference, when I
am not sure how to do something.

Jim