If you want to close and reopen IE, I suggest you use IE.new_process
instead of IE.new. This is more reliable and will ensure that the
process terminates.

Dennis I. wrote:
> Just an update:
>
> I figured I had the following three options.
>
> 1. Close IE and then reopen where I left off, after a set amount of
> iterations. Most likely a few times to be safe.
> 2. Use Firefox
> 3. Disable JS (as long as it doesn't affect the relevant data).
>
> I tried option 2 at first. It seemed to work longer and was quicker
> but then I suddenly got an error message from Firefox (it was
> something about firefox.exe being closed).
> So then I tried it again, but this time with JS disabled. It flew
> through the tests with no problem.
>
> By the way, I tested the site, and it did have memory leaks. Not sure
> how big the leaks were, but they seemed to affect me after about the
> 100th something iteration in IE and the 204th iteration in FF. The
> iterations are from a loop that goes through all pages of results
> returned.
>
> IDIEININIIS wrote:
>
>> The page is using js, that could be it.
>> I found a tool called JSLeak Detector (from MS).
>> The page it's on explains how memory leaks are created in IE; it's an
>> interesting read.
>> If anyone else is interested:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/gpde/pages/javascript-memory-leak-detector.aspx
>>
>> I'll download it and check it out. Thanks Charley.
>>
>> On Apr 6, 7:29 pm, Charley Baker <charley.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> SemiOT:     Javascript can also tend to cause memory leaks in browsers.
>>> There are some best practices out there as well as a tool called jsleaks I
>>> believe. If your pages are using js, then that's something to check into. It
>>> could actually be a bug.
>>>
>>> -c

Bret Pettichord
CTO, WatirCraft LLC, www.watircraft.com
Lead Developer, Watir, www.watir.com
Blog, www.io.com/~wazmo/blog
Twitter, www.twitter.com/bpettichord

Watir Training: Portland/Beaverton April 16-17
www.watircraft.com/training