Thanks for the quick reply, Bret.

I figured how to do different environments.

i.e.:

rake spec ENVIRONMENT=<myenvironmentname>

If you can get back to me on the other question, about setting up
environments in the environments config file and using them in my
scripts, that would be excellent.

I'll also check out the yahoo group!

Thanks!
James