As I understand, then onfocus event is require prior clicking
something? So for example, if uses clicks with mouse, then onfocus
event is triggered before actual click?

Is this the reason, why at the moment I have to do something like this
in my tests to work correctly:
button.click
button.fire_event("onclick")

So, if .click method would do fire_event("onfocus") before clicking
itself, then I wouldn't have to specifically call .fire_event
("onclick") method itself but it would be called like normally happens
with manual interaction?

What about text_field and select_list "onchange" event? It seems that
they aren't triggered by Watir either. At the moment I'm just changing
text_field value and then firing onchange event manually. Why not make
it to trigger automatically also?

Jarmo