if you are testing whether the application server crashes, then that
has nothing to do with Watir. On the Watir end you can test whether
the UI allows that many characters to be input. You can use Ruby to
access your backend where your application server exists and check
whether certain ports are running or grep the log for the time and
exception you are expecting???