I tried both of the below, but I'm still getting the message "undefined
method 'attach' for FireWatir::Firefox:Class.

I'm using Firewatir 1.6.2 on windows XP SP3

________________________________

From: watir-general@googlegroups.com
[mailto:watir-gene...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Angrez Singh
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:59 AM
To: watir-general@googlegroups.com
Subject: [wtr-general] Re: firewatir and jssh

I tried the code with system() command and following might be the reason
it is not working:

When you try to open firefox using system command it returns when
firefox shows up. But it doesn't wait for the default page to be loaded
(which is google.com) so it is not able to find the window with that
title.

Workarounds:
1. put sleep after system() so that your page gets loaded and then try
the code

require 'firewatir'

system("d:\\installations\\Firefox\\firefox.exe -jssh")
sleep(5)
$ie = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"Google")
$ie.goto("google.com")
puts $ie.title

2. set the default page to blank

require 'firewatir'
system("d:\\installations\\Firefox\\firefox.exe -jssh")
$ie = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"")
$ie.goto("google.com")
puts $ie.title

Both the code worked for me with Firewatir 1.6.2 on windows XP SP2

- Angrez

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Moochie <dduph...@redbrickhealth.com>
system("C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe -
jssh")

#This still fails

$ie = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"Google")

puts $ie.title

Any suggestions?