You might want to look at the examples in the watir wiki

http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Examples

there's some stuff there that shows both how to do a logging class
(something I find useful for troubleshooting scripts that are
misbehaving) and also how to do a nifty HTML reporting class to report
your test results.