I'm on Vista Business, and IE7   yes?

"do this?"  I don't know.  If you can point me at a public site, or
give me some code to try that works on a public site, I can try it.
and tell you what happens.

the web UI that I'm testing against does not use frames.  To quote one
of our devs:  "in modern world, frames suck because you don't have
access to the frame from the main page, if you want to change
something in the frame with javascript you can't."   in short they
caused more problems than they were worth, especially for a site that
is trying to be highly interactive..   so tables, divs, ajax, yes.
frames no..

given difficulties I've seen others have trying to test against
frames, this decision by our developers does not distress me in the
least.  <fat grin>